Tuesday, January 24, 2012

WIP poem/song

I'm not entirely sure what I'm doing with this, but I wanted to try to try writing a poem that actually rhymes and isn't a sonnet for once. The chances of turning it into a song are pretty slim, unless I decide to throw it at one of my song writer friends who are more talented with music than I am. (I sing, but while I learned six different instruments in the past, I mastered none.)

Also, little telling of my personality that my first attempt a lyrics put to paper are a song of love lost.

Can’t help but think of this
The warm texture of your lips
Your rich and rough timbre
And how it made me quiver
That gentle glide of your hand
The way the bitter end began

And it’s a new moon tonight
No heaven’s beacon down this way
Just hopeless whispers to pray
In this fading city light

No comments:

Post a Comment